Dr. Gregory Kyriakou _short biography
Dr. Gregory Kyriakou was born and raised in Athens Greece, but originates from Papados village in Gera gulf of Lesvos island where his father Panagiotis was borned, and from Mavrosouvala of Oropos where his mother Ekatontapyliani was borned.
He graduated with rate "excellent 10" from the Medical Faculty of the University of Iasi, Romania in 1984. He then continued his studies in New York of U.S.A. and other European cities Glasgow, Brussels, Amsterdam and other. He is specialized in surgery in Greece and since 2003 has a private Medical Cabinet in Neo Psychico where he practices. He has worked in many public hospitals during his specialty residence, but also inprivate hospitals in Greece and abroad (USA, UK, Netherlands). He is currently a medical associate in prinate Greek Hospitals like, "HYGEIA", "Athens Medical Center", "MITERA", "Leto" and "City Clinic"
In 1997 he founded the first and only company for air ambulance transfer of patients in Greece, Gamma Air Medical, specializing in air medical services and transportation of patients.
He is also Medical Advisor for commercial airlines such as Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air. He has participated in many Greek and international conferences, several even withhis own speeches.
He was Chairman of the organizing committee of the 1st Conference "Caring in the Skies" in September 2000 in Athens.
He is an Aeromedical Examiner Authorized by the Hellenic CAA.
He is a private pilot himself since 1987 (SEP;MEP; IR SEP/MEP; Ultra Lights).
Dr. Kyriakou has a variety of activities and participation in various scientific and non-governmental non profit organizations. Indeed, as a member of the Greek and Frenchsection of "Doctors Without Borders" he practised pro bono in Somalia, Sri Lanka and Yugoslavia.
He is also a member of:
- "Doctors without Borders" Greek and French section
- "Greek Society of Surgery"
- "Greek Oncology Company"
- "Greek Trauma Society"
- Professional Association of Greek Surgeons
- Friends of the Greek Pasteur Institute
- "European Society of Surgical Oncology"
- "European School of Oncology"
- "American Association for the Advancement of Science"
- "Aerospace Medical Association"
- "International Association for Breast Cancer Research"
- AMPA, Air Medical Physician Association
- AsMA, Aerospace Medical Association
- People to People, Ambassador Programs
- The New York Academy of Sciences
- The Marquis Who's Who Publications Board, Twelfth Edition
- Hellenic Medical Society of New York